"Blog" is a short version of "weblog". It is used like a diary. Blogs have a range of information. You can almost blog about anything. When blogging, you are focusing on a particular subject. Students in today's society are blogging more and more. Blogging can be both negative and positive. A positive is that students get to state their own opinion without feeling dumb. I like the fact that other students can comment on someone else's blog. This allows us to see what others think of our ideas. I also think that Blogging is a bonus to those who are too shy to raise their hand in class. People find it more easy to write things down and get their feelings out that way. I also think that blogging will help improve student's writing skills. When people publicly write for others to see, they want to make sure there are very few mistakes. However, I do not think that blogging should take over. I think that if we use blogging for everything, kids will forget how to write with a pencil. For example, students will not know how to write in cursive if all we do is type on the computer.
I do like the fact that it is a very quick and easy way to communicate with everyone in your class. I also like the fact that teachers can put restrictions on the page. We wouldn't want just random people reading our blogs. I also think that it is a good thing not to write about personal issues while blogging. I believe that futher research should be done in order to see if blogging really does affect how student's learn.
http://codex.wordpress.org/Introduction_to_Blogging
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I agree that there is both positive and negatives effects with blogging. I dont think it should be your ultimate source for information but i do think its a way to express your personal opinion about a subject.
Hi Amanda! I liked your opinions on blogging. I highly agree that there are positive and negative sides to it. I do think it is a good way to communicate, whether it's for a class or worldwide. However, I also agree that it might affect the way students learn if blogging completely takes over.
I agree with most of your points about the positive and negative aspects of blogging. The one thing i disagree with is your idea that students will forget how to write with a pencil, or not know how to write coursive. The thing about blogging is teachers only use it for discussion purposes which isnt even fifty percent of the students required work. They still need to do assignments that their teachers have for them which involves writting with a pencil.
I think you are right about putting limits on what students would post on there blogs. There are always those students who would post information about friends and classmates, or add inappropriate pictures. Not all students are on the same maturity level.
Post a Comment