Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Storyboarding

http://www.ibiblio.org/ism/articles/huffcorzine.html

Before doing some research on storyboarding, I had a small idea of what it is. "Storyboarding, the use of a series of pictures in separate frames to outline or brainstorm ideas about how to tell a story can lead to such descriptions." according to Lin Huff-Corzine. Pictures are worth 1000 words. Students do not want to sit in a classrooms and do boring worksheets or read long sections of a history book, instead why not let them make a story board. This allows students to learn visually. They can use storyboards for almost anything. Have them make a story board about the history lesson they were just taught, I can almost guarntee that the students will remember the material better than if they were just to read it. Having your students do storyboards also helps them work with other people. It teaches them how to lead and follow. I believe that it is better for students to work in groups on storyboards than on their own. They can bounce their ideas off of one another. Two heads are better than one.

I think we should do some reseach and ask the students if storyboarding helps them learn or is just extra work that takes up their homework time.

1 comment:

Emily Zuckerman said...

I agree with you about how students should use story boards in the classroom and participate in groups. I think that that would be a great addition to student involvement in the classroom. Also, it will be benifitial for the teachers as well as the students because it is a good organizational tool.