Wednesday, September 17, 2008

WIKI

http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/wiki.jsp#whatsawiki

Wiki means 'quick' in Hawaiian. It is a websit that makes it easier for anyone to add to or revise certain links. It is simple to read and edit. I think that Wiki's are very useful and are a plus to have in the classrooms. Personally, I would love this as a teacher. I would make a lesson plan and then if I wanted to change it I would just log into my Wiki page and change it that way, I wouldn't have to keep making up new ones. I would just go in and edit the one that I already made. I would also make my students use Wiki. I like that fact that it shows the new piece along with the old piece. Students get immediate feedback from their peers and they can comment on each other's work. Instead of emails not going through or just sitting in your inbox not getting read, you can get on Wiki and check it out right away. I also like it that students can get on and do an assignment or check comments anytime, anywhere. The one thing I do not like about Wiki is that the information may not always be reliable. With students being able to edit and change sites and information who knows what is the correct information and what is fiction. I think that we should do more research on how to make these sites reliable and make them to where only your class can log onto that particular site.

1 comment:

D Cull said...

With students being able to edit and change sites and information who knows what is the correct information and what is fiction. that is the main issue with these wikis, also the fact that they are not creditable. Good blogg!